Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #9


"Waiting on" Wednesday is hosted at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Even though it's a weekly event, I post my entries biweekly.

This week we have:
  1. Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies #2) by Tarryn Fisher
  2. Neverfall (Everneath #1.5) by Brodi Ashton

Title: Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies #2)
Author: Tarryn Fisher
Release Date: December 28th 2012
Add it: Goodreads

Why? I read the first book "The Opportunist" earlier this year and was impressed by how effortlessly Tarryn created Olivia as a very flawed protagonist who was trying to redeem herself by walking down a very wrong path. I couldn't help but root for her, but at the same time I was crazy furious with her. That book just blew my brains out and totally effed up my mind for a second. Her opponent Leah, on the other hand, I absolutely hated. Hated with pure passion. I just loved to hate her. She was one nasty bitch and this is her side of the story. It's a follow up to the previous book and I'm looking forward to getting to know her and see if I can root for her as well. Probably not, but paint me intrigued.


Title: Neverfall (Everneath #1.5)
Author: Brodi Ashton
Release Date: December 26th 2012
Add it: Goodreads

Why? Everneath was an incredible retelling of Persephone and Hades and if you've followed my blog for a while now, you're probably aware that I'm a huge fan of everything mythology and fairy tales, whether it's a re-telling or an original story. I just love love love 'em. Everneath was definitely original and the characters were amazing! I was team Jack while reading it, but when Brodi showed us Cole's vulnerability, he kind of grew on me and some part of me wished Nikki would go with him and be his queen. I'm really anxious to see his thoughts on Nikki and Everneath and get to know him a little better. Plus the cover is freaking gorgeous! Gimme-gimme!!



What do you think? Are these books on your TBR pile? Would you be interested in reading them? Leave your WoW links in the comments and I'll check out your picks :)

12 comments:

  1. I picked Dirty Red too. I really didn't want a sequel (or trilogy as it appears) because the first book was so messed up, but now I'm curious. Probably will just mess with my mind again, lol.

    new follower, Jenny
    My WoW:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday-3-dirty-red.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! The Opportunist was indeed messed up! I didn't even know how to rate it, haha. But I enjoyed it a lot in a really weird way. Thank you, dear! :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVED EVERNEATH SIIRI! It was one of my favorite reads earlier in the year, and I can't wait to get my hands on both Neverfall and Everbound. I'm a bit in love with Jack, and the ending of Everneath just made my heart hurt. At least we don't have too much longer to wait for more of this world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to have all of the pretty covers on my shelf. Too bad this is just an ebook version. Jack! I'm usually more intrigued by characters like Cole, but Jack just broke my heart (in a good way if that's even possible) with his feelings for Nikki and his incredible heart. Love that boy!

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of Dirty Red...enjoy your picks.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hope I'll get to read them as soon as they come out ;) can't wait!!

      Delete
  4. Gah I can't wait for Neverfall either! Everneath rocked! I closed the book and was just speechless.

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me too! I really liked this book. It wasn't flawless, but it was a really fresh retelling and had some great moments! Can't wait to explore more :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so excited for Neverfall! I totally adored Everneath. I didn't quite give it five stars, but it was still an awesome read and I'm hungry for more! Great choices. :)

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't give five stars either, but it was a really good read, so no worries. I'm excited to read the rest of the series :) I totally agree with you!

      Delete
  6. I like the sound of these but I haven't had the chance to read any of the previous books in the series. I would love to give the books a try soon. Great picks. I hope you enjoy reading them.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy when you do :) They're amazing!

      Delete