Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR


Hey there, my lovelies! It's been a while since my last top ten list, but this topic was just perfect to get back on track with these. I'm great at making lists, but awful at following them so if you love something from this list, all the love and promoting goes! I need the extra excitement to follow this list through and to really try and give each one a chance :) If you're not participating on today's TTT, just leave some of your must reads in the comments, perhaps I can cheer you on a little too ;) Anyhow, this list was so hard to make, but I managed to come up with ten and then some, ha. Let's see what I picked, shall we? :)



Thrive by Krista and Becca Ritchie. One of my most anticipated books of the year by far! So ready for more Connor time *ahem* sorry, Loren & Lily time. I miss the whole cast so much and re-reading my favorite parts from the previous books just isn’t enough anymore. I NEED THIS BOOK LIKE I NEED AIR OKAY. OKAY.

Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally. Seriously, Miranda Kenneally is the queen of creating stories perfect for summer nights: full of fluff, swoon, feels and family-related topics, this one is bound to be a win for me. Here’s to hoping Savannah’s book will resonate well with moi!

Fire with Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian. YOU GUYS. YOU. GUYS. I have been waiting forever to read this and, in the mean time, tries to contain all our ship feels Amber promised me. The first book Burn for Burn is the book we bonded over and based on her fangirling, Fire with Fire will be E-P-I-C! My ship becomes legit and that's all I need to know.

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. Blue Lily, Lily Blue is coming out this fall and I’ve purposely been putting off reading this one. Everyone says it’s even better than The Raven Boys and since I pretty much devoured the heck out of TRB, I’m sure this will be just as awesome. Cannot wait! Gimme all the Jane and Gansey feels plz, kthx.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Rainbow Rowell round 2. Didn’t love Eleanor & Park at all so perhaps this is the book she’ll win me over with. Love that it’s college oriented and the MC seems to be someone we can all relate to, plus I hear Levi is the perfect book boyfriend. Can’t wait to meet him :)


Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover. No explanation needed. Colleen Hoover, Holder, guy POV? Made of win on paper.

Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson. Is there anyone who still hasn’t read this? Nick and I are probably the last ones, but we are going to love it and adore it and and and.. this read makes me all kind of excited, because Nick is my bookish soul-mate. We see eye to eye on almost every book and topic so here’s to hoping we’ll enjoy this one a bunch!

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. Jasprit was so lovely to gift it to me and I’m going to love this book, pet it, probably hug it a thousand times and we can all discuss the boys in this book after I’m done. Everyone I know has loved it, so it looks very, very promising :) Also, that cover? J’adore! *pets it for the hundredth time*

Open Road Summer by Emery Lord. Everyone and their mother loves this one! It has such a vibrant cover and I hear that the love interest is just the best. Plus, music? Friendship? Romance? Yes, please.

The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. Um, so I saw MelAmber and Judith talk about this a lot on twitter some time ago. Also, Lauren and Danielle love this series. Christina quite enjoyed the first book. Nick liked it. Rashika and Faye love this series. Just one thing left to say: I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.


Some other books I’m hopefully reading this summer: A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller, Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter, Of Darkness and Crowns by Trisha Wolfe, Incarnate by Jodi Meadows, Haze by Paula Weston, explore some Jennifer Echols, Sarah Ockler and Sarah Dessen and many, many more.

What are some of your must reads for this summer? :)

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

30 comments:

  1. I haven't read Since You Been Gone either, so you are not alone! I have been really wanting to read it though. Open Road Summer is also on my TBR List. I hope you like Fangirl; I haven't read Eleanor & Park yet, so I don't really know how the two compare, but I did love Fangirl, and yes, Levi is the perfect book boyfriend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Fangirl is brilliant. x) I couldn't read that one fast enough, honestly (it's like on my top-reads pile, too). AND THE DREAM THIEVES. Oh the ending is a killer, but I always die when one of Maggie Stiefvater's books ends because I just want more. x) Ronan is probably my favourite (although come on: Noah) so I really loved Dream Thieves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the Fire and Thorns trilogy overall, but can't say I was wowed by it. I still need to read Burn for Burn, but soon...SOON. I swear. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so like twins in our lists and our thinking!!! I love that Fangirl, Fire with Fire and Racing Savannah made it to your list, I adored these books. You must tell me as soon as you start reading Fire with Fire, it is such an insane book, but one of my favourite reads ever. Also To all the Boys I've Loved Before was amazing!! I hope you decide to read this soon. Also do you want to read the Fire and Thorns trilogy together soon? Its on my series list! And I have heard amazing things about it! Siiri you have one brilliant reading Summer to look forward too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list, I've read Fire with Fire and Fangirl from your list and I'm looking forward to read Since You've Been Gone, To All the Boys I've Loved Before and The Dream Thieves.
    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday List: http://www.reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/06/top-ten-books-on-my-summer-tbr-list.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fangirl's on my list, too! Let's hope we both enjoy it.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, The Dream Thieves was great! GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS SERIES. HECTOR. So yes, make that happen please. I will pot a review for the last book soon, because I re-read the series and finally finished it <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am actually the only one who didn't love The Dream Thieves more than The Raven Boys. .-. I loved The Dream Thieves but The Raven Boys was magical IMO. I cannot wait for Blue Lily, Lily Blue though! The cover is absolutely gorgeous! :D

    I still need to pick up the Burn for Burn series too .-. I think I also need to add it on GR so I am going to do it too .-.

    Also I am going to go hide now because I actually haven't read The Girl of Fire and Thrones series .-. I DNFed book 1 for reasons you may or may not understand (I can be shallow sometimes) but I am definitely picking up books 2 and 3 soon because I have a strong feeling I will fall in love .-.

    Before I go hide under my bed I just want to say that I HOPE YOU ABSOLUTELY LOVE Since You've Been Gone (haven't read it so it'll make me the last person on Earth to read it ^_^)

    HAPPY READING <3

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed Losing Hope. You have a nice mix of genres from fantasy to road trips. Sounds like the perfect summer reads!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you enjoy Losing Hope as much as I did! I really want to get to Fangirl and To All the Boys I've Loved Before.
    Great list!

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great list! The Dream Thieves is on my list, too! I loved The Raven Boys. Also, Since You've Been Gone is amazing. I'm also looking forward to reading To All the Boys I've Loved Before and Open Road Summer. You've got a new follower just because of this list. :)

    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everytime I see Fangirl on someones list its like a slap in the face that I haven't read it yet XD
    Great list, thanks for sharing.
    http://jazminjade.wordpress.com/2014/06/17/top-ten-tuesday-winter-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed Fangirl ALMOST as much as Eleanor & Park. I have Attachments on my own list this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Since You've Been Gone is AMAZING and I really liked To All the Boys I've Loved Before! Also, I've been wanting to read Burn for Burn!

    Great list! Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've got some great ones on that list Siiri! I very much enjoyed Open Road Summer, it was the perfect summer read and I thoroughly enjoyed the friendship in it as a focal point. I LOVED The Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy too, though I will admit to struggling for the entirety of part one of the first book. Once part 2 kicked in though, I couldn't put it down and I can't wait to see what you'll think!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thrive comes out this month right? Ahh! I can't wait to read it although I'm a bit sad that it's only going to be a novella. Anyways, I think you're going to love Open Road Summer. It's such a great book. Also, I'm curious to see what you think of To All the Boys. There have been so many mixed reviews, I put off reading it. If you like it, I'll pick it up.
    You're going to read Losing Hope over the summer?! That is such a bad choice. Haha! Leave the sad books for winter. I hope you'll like Girl of Fire and Thorns. I'm with Jenny. It's slow at first, but the characters are wonderful.
    I hope you'll love everything on your list, Siiri!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fangirl is just brilliant. I really enjoyed that one! A lot of your there I haven't read but I hope too soon like, Open Road Summer, To all the Boys I loved Before, and starting Burn for Burn and Fire with Fire this summer as well. I hope you get to read these ones this summer. Enjoy, Siiri! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. FIRE WITH FIRE IS EPIC AND AMAZING AND YOU HAD BETTER HURRY UP I'VE WAITED A YEAR FOR YOU TO READ IT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved Racing Savannah and Open Road Summer! I'm the black sheep and I ended up DNF All The Boys and Since You've Been Gone. Fangirl is on my TBR too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness! There's a cover for Thrive :D I can't wait and I hope you enjoy the Dream thieves. Great list Siiri!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You need to read all these books forsure this summer because there so good and i'm already very disapointed you haven't already LOL! Hopefully you enjoy them, epseically Fire with fire, Since you've Been Gone, Fangirl and the dream thieves :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fire With Fire is soooo good! You'll have fun reading that one. I know I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice list, Siiri! I would like to read Fangirl one of these days, Losing Hope, too! I hope you're able to fit these in and enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahhh so many amazing books, Siiri! Okay, I've read Hopeless, Fire and Thorns, and Fangirl and LOVED them. Three amazing boys you have to look forward to. :) Open Road Summer and Racing Savannah I didn't love love, but they are still pretty good! Since You've Been Gone is on my list to read to - so many people have adored it; I hope we feel the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never read any Colleen Hoover books. I'm probably missing out on a lot, need to fix that soon! Fangirl's high on my TBR list too.

    My TTT:
    http://wendimlee.blogspot.com/2014/06/top-ten-books-on-my-summer-tbr-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. OHHH SO MANY AWESOME BOOKS!! I cannot wait to read To All The Boys I've Loved Before, The Raven Boys series, Thrive and Fangirl. Ohhh and Losing Hope! I'm so behind on my TBR, but I really hope you get through your summer TBR, Siiri! I can't wait to see what you think of all of these books! HAPPY READING! :D

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete
  27. I loved Dream Thieves! I can't wait to read Blue Lily, Lily Blue! and I loved Attachments by Rainbow Royell so maybe I should read Fangirl, too. I need to read the Addicted series soon! Can't wait to meet up with the authors this summer. Great picks here, Siiri! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Girl of Fire and Thorns is amazeballs. Fyi ;) AND I'm finally caving on reading The Raven Boys. I was going to try and wait until they were all out, but I just can't do it, so that series is on my summer reading list too. GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!

    Jessica @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can't do this TTT because (a) it's not summer anymore for me! and (b) I can't write a TBR. I can never follow reading schedules since I'm a mood reader. :P

    I NEED TO CONTINUE THE ADDICTED SERIES! D: Encourage me, Siiri! Racing Savannah was kind of disappointing. :( It's my least favorite of her books so far. ;'( I have to read Burn for Burn! Faye recommends = Aimee reads. ;P I liked Fangirl much more than E&P, so there's still luck for you! Colleen Hoover... hm. SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE! *grabby hands* To All the Boys was cute! I've been hearing great things about Open Road Summer! I put off Girl of Fire and Thornes but Faye loved it! :D

    Happy reading, Siiri!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH MAN OH MAN I want to read everyyyyy book on the bottom row and a few on the top row. THERE'S NOT ENOUGH TIME D: Lucky you, summer means holidays! I hope you get to read all these books because they all seem wonderful. Then I can stalk all your reviews for them and pretend I've read them vicariously through you. :P

    ReplyDelete