Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Lovin' 2013 Read-A-Thon: You're The One That I Want



It's day 2 and so far I've started Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter which is surprisingly awesome. Totally my kinda humour and I've laughed quite a bit even though I'm not that far. Also, there have been quite a few surprises already regarding the plot so that's awesome. Since I have it in paperback, I read it at home and I have the first two book in a combined edition and I don't want to bring it to work so I brought my Kindle instead and during lunch break I started Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown which is also pretty interesting. I have heard so many good things about Jennifer's work and I'm excited to finally give one of her books a try. I'm only 15% in though, so we'll see how it goes.

So for today's participation post we have a topic of our 5 must-reads for summer. Oh boy, I have so many books I'd love to name, but here're the first five that come to mind. Summer is mostly for contemporaries. In my opinion. Different kind of beach reads etc. Without further ado, here are my four contemporaries for summer:

Want to read


Facade by Nyrae Dawn -- want to read
Faking It by Cora Carmack -- want to read

Have read, recommend

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick -- read and loved it (my review here)
Slammed by Colleen Hoover -- just click on my review from yesterday ;-) (my review here)


Fantasy

And what's summer without a little fantasy? This is a recommendation for every fantasy fan out there. Oh, and people who enjoy originality

Of Silver and Beasts by Trisha Wolfe -- read and loved every perfect moment from this book, one of my favorite reads of 2013 (my review here)

So what are your must reads this summer? I hope you're all having a great week! 

7 comments:

  1. I really want to read My Life Next Door soon, I have heard such wonderful things about that one and think it will be a perfect summer read for me! Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I hope you do get to Faking It Siiri, I liked that one even better than Losing It:) Glad to know you enjoyed Born at Midnight, Danny over at Bewitched Bookworms really liked that one as well and both of you have similar tastes to mine, so I have a feeling I'd enjoy it as well. Definitely need to give something by Nyrae Dawn a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really want to read the Cora Carmack series it looks so good! And god do I ever need to read Slammed! Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I didn't realise that Trisha Wolfe's book was that amazing, will definitely move that up my TBR pile. I also want to start Colleen Hoover's series.

    My Day 2 Participation Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try out a Cora Carmack or Nyrae Dawn book! Slammed is on my list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read Trisha Wolfe's fantasy series. It looks AWESOME and I'm always up for a good fantasy. Your enjoyment of Born at Midnight makes me rethink not reading it. It's been sitting on my shelf for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading contemporary books over the Summer, so I hugely recommend that you read My Life Next Door, I really enjoyed that book! I have heard so much about Hoover's books that I have to make sure that I read one of her books at least this year. I love your list Siiri, and I'm glad that you're doing so well with your read-a-thon! :)

    ReplyDelete