Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summer Lovin' Read-A-Thon 2013: Spine Poem



I'm not that far in my current reads Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown and Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter so I haven't actually shed any tears. However, I received a paperback copy of one of my favorite books that has touched me deeply and that is The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay. Honestly, I opened it from the scene of the party where Drew dragged her at the end of the book and just read diagonally until the end of the part where Josh goes to Nastya after that party. I didn't even have to read the whole book in order to get the tears flowing. It's not just a New Adult book, it's a beautiful piece of art that has touched me in ways I didn't expect. I loved every single thing about that book and I am beyond glad that there is such a wonderful person as Katja who has written this wonderful story for us to read. If you haven't read it yet, you most certainly must! Oh, and I'll give you a quote from that part of the book :)

We both stand there, looking at each other across the kitchen, with all the things we've done to hurt each other littering the path between us.

I guess why this book made me so emotional was that it was raw, intense and even though I'm not into books with a slow plot, it was so character driven and beautifully written that I couldn't help myself. The thing is that characters are what make a book and they were all perfect in this gorgeous, haunting, broken story.

Alsooooo, our challenge for today is to create a spine poem and that's something I've always wanted to do, but I'm not good with poems and I didn't purchase a lot of books before last Fall so I don't have that many to choose from and I have loaned a lot of them to my friends so yeah.. Just bear in mind that I'm no poem-master. Heh, so here goes nothing ;-)


Dearly, Departed Cinder,
Crash Through the Ever Night.
Clash The Collector.
Arise, Guardian of the Gate.

It's preeeettty dark, haha. And intense. Clash the Collector? Hmhh.. I don't know who would win, Dante or Cinder? I think Dante has more experience. And is Cinder the Guardian of the Gate? I guess so. Whatever, it doesn't have to make sense lol. It was fun though :) I hope all of you lovelies in the US are having a great 4th of July and the rest of you pumpkins out there are having a great day as well. *hugs*

5 comments:

  1. I like it. It's dark, but good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and clever!

    I only have to think about TSoT and I get teary-eyed. Have fun with the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is dark, but it is so creative. Sounds action-filled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your poem. It's really intriguing and I love most of the books you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh how much fun is this Siiri! LOVE IT!!! I'm miserable at poetry, but this is maybe something I could do. Now I really want to try. Your poem was awesome:)

    Also, I need to read Sea of Tranquility. *sigh* So many books out there I need to read!

    ReplyDelete