Hiiiiiii, my darling friends! Today is one of my favorite days of the year haaa, because it's Richard Connor Cobalt's birthday! If you know me, you all know who he is, but since there's a slight chance you don't know, let me give you some hints ;) He's one of the main characters from the Calloway Sisters series and the Addicted series by Krista and Becca Ritchie. He totally deserves his own birthday celebration event because he's just.. everything tbh! Connor Cobalt is a conceited know-it-all smartass, but he has every right to be since the guy, according to his own words, would be considered a god in some civilizations. He's one of the best fictional characters out there and he's also my bookish husband, which I can prove with a marriage license, so get your paws off my man, ladies, or blood will spill! (jk; .. or not) I hope you enjoy following this treasure hunt event, because I've invited a bunch of lovely, wonderful and amazing people to participate. Before we get to the game (and the giveaway), let me congratulate Connor on his birthday.
I figured that seeing as most of today's posts will be so unique, gorgeous and awesome, I'm just going to do something that I like to call a mess (because that's just very, very me): a birthday wish for Connor, an overview of Connor via his mood board (and my line of thought behind it all) and a list of what I'd imagine would be his brotips. He's completely unique and there most definitely is no other character like him, but I think we'd all benefit from his brotips, so yeah, brotips it is ;) I hope you enjoy this post, and if you don't know Connor very well, then I hope you'll get to know him better thanks to this post. Here goes :)
Happy Birthday, Connor!
You are one of the most wonderful [fictional] people to have ever graced the mankind. Yes, you are a conceited smartass, but you are also wonderful and able to grow as a person still. I
adoreadmire you through and through. I know you don't really love to celebrate your birthday, and age is just a number, but I'm sure you'd still very much appreciate this event and be amused by our random ramblings and fangirly selves.
I hope today is good to you, that you'll get some awesome books to read from Lily and Lo, have a great dinner with your loved ones and of course some hot bedroom action afterwards. (And I sure hope we can all read about it later when your 27th birthday arrives! *cough* okay awkwarrrrrd *hides*)
Here's to wonderful birthdays, soul-consuming love,
Coballowayroyal dynasties and history channels!
With all my heart,
Connor's Mood Board
Connor is such a calm person that his mood board can't be something really fiery and extravagant (which is ironic since this event's name /cough). I picked calm, neutral tones for his colours, because he's often the neutral party in a lot of situations and his texture is the same in coloring, but it has complicated and interesting textures/patterns since he is a huge, huge puzzle none of us can ever completely figure out. His mood, of course is everything classy: a lion because king of animals and regal and powerful; drinking a glass of red wine, books, Oxford style shoes and always a suit. His elements, obviously, are education (the guy has multiple university degrees and is fluent in more languages than we all probably realize, including French, Latin, German, Italian and many others) and being the best in everything hence the king icon (though really, he is the king of my world, because he's the king to my queen, Rose Calloway) and one of his most famous quotes in his handwriting. Credit for the icons and textures I used goes to Freepik and Icons8.
Richard Connor Cobalt’s Brotips
- Always have a backup plan for everything: if plans A, B, C, D and E fail to work, make sure you have plan F, and if not, use your wits and come out on top anyway.
- Sacrifices are a necessary part of one’s life. Don’t be afraid to make them, but don’t make them on the account of those you love.
- Make sure to have classy insults. It’s always more fun to insult someone and for them to not realize they’ve been insulted. Keep it classy! Slay with your words and keep your fists to assholes who truly deserve it.
- Don’t gamble with luck or hope for magical forces to show you the way. Set goals, take matters into your own hands, build your own future and lead the way.
- Take the hard way no matter what. It’s the only way you’ll surpass your limits and make yourself a greater man. Plus, it’ll make it easier to win over your future wife—you’ll need those tough life experiences to tame a lioness and the firestorm inside her mind.
- When walking with your girlfriend or wife, don’t walk ahead or behind her. Walk next to her—be her equal.
- Treat your lady like a queen that she is.
- Seek perfection in everything, don’t settle for less than you deserve.
- Always have a good comeback up your sleeve.
- Don’t make promises you can’t keep, but always keep your promises.
the number for my post is
Treasure Hunt and Giveaway
RulesParticipating in the treasure hunt is not necessary to take part in the giveaway, but getting the right answer can get you extra 25 entries in the giveaway, which will be huge compared to the rest of the people who may just follow one or two people and comment on a few blogs, and increase your chances of winning something. The game is fairly easy, but a little time-consuming and needs your full attention. Here’s how it all works:
- Every letter (A, B, C, …, J) stands for a specific blog.
- The letter “K” is a different matter: if you’re a part of the Addicted Series Facebook Fanpage, you don’t have to calculate the letter K’s value, but if you’re not, here’s a small equation for you: (100-64) : 6
- You will have to find the quote next to a specific letter from a blog. Some of these quotes appear on multiple blogs, but you need to pick out the right one for the right letter. To make it easier, some of the quotes are easily identifiable and you’ll know that if two (or more) blogs have the same quote(s), one of them has to have another sentence too (and that sentence appears on only that blog), so with some thinking, you should be able to figure out which letter goes with which blog.
- If you have matched the letters to all the blogs, match every letter to a specific number that’s on the blog which the letter represents. Here’s an example: Q: “Connor is a magical unicorn even if he doesn’t admit it. He’s one of a kind!” appears on a blog *insert name* and that blog post has number 8 featured somewhere. Now you know that letter Q correlates to number 8. We would advise you to write all the info down and match the numbers to the letters on paper so that the final part would be easier for you. Beware that some of those numbers may appear on graphics, so look out for them everywhere!
- Now the final step: you have to solve the following equation A + B / C – D * E + F – G + H – I * J + K = L by substituting the letters with the numbers you found on the blogs you visited. After you have solved the equation, submit it to the raffle below and this can earn you 25 extra entries (unfortunately Raffle isn’t as cool as we’d all like, so you have to provide an answer in 5 different boxes to earn all your 25 entries). AND you can give yourself a big pat on the back for completing this treasure hunt! Connor would be proud :)
The quotes that you’ll have to search for, to match all the numbers and letters for the equation are..
- A: “The way you stand up for and take care of the people you love speaks volumes of the kind of person you truly are.”
- B: “He is the king of my world, because he's the king to my queen, Rose Calloway.”
- C: “People hope to touch the sky. I dream of kissing it.”
- D: “What do you get a man who already have everything?”
- E: “Connor wears confidence like his most expensive suit, with style and dignity and so much charm.”
- F: “Hey birthday boy, the party is over here.”
- G: “His wicked charm will have you swooning for days.”
- H: “Connor is Siiri's fantasy boyfriend. No one else can have him.”
- I: “Je suis passionne de toi.”
- J: “Joyeux anniversaire Connor! Passez une merveilleuse journé!”
- K: if you’re a part of the Addicted Series Facebook Fanpage, you don’t have to calculate the letter K’s value, but if you’re not, here’s a small equation for you: (100-64) : 6
- L: SOLUTION TO THIS WHOLE EQUATION: A + B / C – D * E + F – G + H – I * J + K = L
Go hunt for the numbers here:
And here's the giveaway. It's open internationally and all entries will be verified, so please don't cheat. To earn your extra 25 entries, join the treasure hunt and make Connor proud :) Good luck!
A super duper thank you to all the lovely people who agreed to participate in this event and came along with this crazy treasure hunt thing. I love you to pieces! Thank you so much for your amazing posts, Addicted series love and for being too darn awesome to begin with. Heart eyes to all of you! A special thanks to Jenn, Jae and Nazeefa for donating some of these fantastic prizes to the giveaway pile <3 Thank you, lovelies!
If you want to know more about this series and its authors, click on the banner below.
Awww I am so excited to read Kiss the Sky, I'm going to really soon hopefully so I can discover what all the raving is about! I love Connor's character and how he can talk his way out of everything because he's so intelligent, and the way he treats Rose makes me melt. They have such an antagonistic but entertaining relationship. Happy Birthday Connor Cobalt! And HNY Siiri!ReplyDelete
OMG I swear this is THE BESTEST BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA EVERRRRRRR!!!! Holy smokes! I love all the posts! I'm so glad to be a part of the Fizzle Force among such talented people! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!ReplyDelete
OH GOD, YOU MAGICAL BEING, this is such an amazing birthday post. I ADMIRE YOU (because look at the maths LOL) , ARE YOU EVEN REAL MY LOVE <3 It's 2015 now, no more excuses to avoid the series. I'm getting onto this asap. Happy Birthday to your dear Connor! :DReplyDelete
ASDFGHJKL CONNOR MY DARLING. Totally stealing him from you, Siiri. I've already sharpened my claws. ;) But really, I loved your message to Connor and the fabulous brotips. I can't wait for Fuel the Fire! Happy birthday, Connor! *swoons* Lovely post, Siiri dear. <33ReplyDelete
You had such an amazing idea <3 all these posts are amazing, Connor would be so proud <3 Can't wait to see my favorite smartass in Fuel the Fire! Happy birthday Connor!ReplyDelete
Siiri, this post si simply AMAZING!!! <3 I have no words! ❤ReplyDelete
Oh, and Happy birthday Connor, our favorite smartass!! ;)
I love Conor!! <3ReplyDelete
you're the bestest fan ever siiri!! i can't thank you enough for coming up with something like this! extravaganza indeed! - lanieReplyDelete
I am dying from that intro part. "I can prove with a marriage license" I am not surprised at this ;) BUT DO NOT HIDE, WE ALL WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE BEDROOM ACTION TBH. Gah, that mood board is so freaking pretty and spot on. How are these things even made. Love it! THOSE BROTIPS NEED TO BE PRINTED ON TO SHIRTS AND GIVEN TO EVERYBODY, MEN AND WOMEN ALIKE. All ten are very good tips to live by. But 6 and 7, omg, I cry! I'm in love with this post. Genius idea, Siiri. I can imagine Connor clapping and smiling at you like in AAA when Lily understood some French. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of this event. <3ReplyDelete
This is really amazing! The treasure hunt is so intriguing. I had fun collecting all the numbers and letters yesterday and got the final answer! I'm still new with Connor's personality (as I'd only read one book...) but as I joined the treasure hunt and read more about Connor I think I'll add the rest of the book from Addicted series to my tbr list this month!ReplyDelete
Happy birthday, Connor! You must be really proud of all these amazing fans doing this brilliant thing!
*swoon* I simply adore it when bloggers write love letters to characters, and I must say, you totally nailed it, Siiri! This post is all kinds of awesome; I don't even know where to begin! So, instead of trying to come up with an intelligent comment, I'm simply going to read it from top to bottom a second time. :DReplyDelete
Carmel @ Rabid Reads
Isn't this the sweetest birthday post ever. You're such a cutie, Siiri. Always doing fabulous things to promote your love for the series :)ReplyDelete
I am curious to see what you're going to do for Valentines day ;) After all I can only imagine the kind of letter you're going to write to your one true love :P
*raises her glass in honor of Connor*
Happy Birthday Connor love youReplyDelete
Aww girl if he doesn't pick you I'm going to slap him so his head gets in a right place so he will pick you for sure ;) It's so sweet when you write posts like this ;) So I'll just say happy birthday Siiri's boy :)ReplyDelete
I LOVE CONNOR <3ReplyDelete
Very happy birthday, Connor!!ReplyDelete
Ahhh Connor! He is my favourite <3ReplyDelete
Thanks for the chance! And Happy Birthday Connor! :) <3ReplyDelete
I'm late, but... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR HUSBAND! <3ReplyDelete
Sarika @ The Readdicts