Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #23

This is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

To participate you:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) * Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teasers

Thankfully it’s a short ride, because loud sounds make me edgy. It’s not the sound itself that bothers me; it’s just the fact that it’s loud. The loud sounds make it impossible to hear the soft ones and the soft sounds are the ones you have to be afraid of. I can handle it now because we’re in a car, and I usually feel safe in cars. Outside is a different story. I never feel safe outside.

~ 1% of The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

2 comments:

  1. Oooh sounds like this person has some issues. I am intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard nothing but amazing things about this book, I can't wait to read your thoughts on it Siiri! I want to know why she(?) never feels safe outside:(

    ReplyDelete