Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March Wrap Up

Is it really April already? Seriously? *looks around* Where's the rush, Time? The last couple of months have flown by so fast. April is a wickedly awesome reading month on paper since so many of my anticipated reads are coming out this month, Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor being one of them. The weather has been great during the past few weeks and no snow in sight, yay :) Ok, so let's get on to my March wrap up, shall we?

February reviews 

(click on the covers for the links)

   
  

Reading

Books read in total? 7 in total (none from the above), 2 of them being re-reads. A pretty quiet month, but that's how it's going to be until summer. Reading slump isn't helping either, but re-reading helped a ton to get out of the slump.

Lowest and highest ratings DNF (if not counting the DNF then 3.3) being the lowest and 5.0 being the highest. Finally a 5.0 read!!! I did a lot of re-reading and picked up some books that I was sure I'd enjoy so not a bad month regarding the ratings, yeah?

Book boyfriend of the month... oh, goodness. How in the world am I supposed to choose this? *sobs* I re-read some of the books in the Addicted series, re-read Kiss the Sky, I met Zeke [The Immortal Rules] and Duval [Grave Mercy] and I read Hothouse Flower. You see my problem here? I can't choose. Don't make me choose. So my decision? I'm picking Ryke, Lo, Connor, Zeke and Duval. Yep. All of these lovely lads here made the cut.

Love triangles? None. You hear that people, NONE!!! This was a successful month when it comes to love triangles since I'm not a big fan of those. How about you? Did you have any in your books?

Suck and sweet? My March suck was having a reading slump. It kind of brings my mood down to the point where I don't really want to blog either, but I know that if I stop now, I'll not be back for a long, long time so I just need to push through and since re-reading helped so much already, I hope I'll crawl out of this whole soon. As for sweet, it's definitely seeing the cover for the UK paperback of Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater. I decided I want the UK versions of these books and then I saw The Wolves of Mercy Falls UK paperback box set on sale for 12€ (68% off) so of course I got it, duuhh. I don't think it's that cheap anymore by the time this post goes live (scheduling this one) so you can still check just in case.

What I'm planning on reading this month... So I failed last month and didn't read Incarnate. A bit of a fail, but I did read Hothouse Flower by Krista and Becca Ritchie which was one of my most anticipated reads this year. You'll see my review soon :) I don't have a certain must-read for this month, but... I'd like to give Shadows by Paula Weston try since Lauren, Rashika, Jasprit and basically everyone has asked me to read this pretty. It's been on my kindle since the rave reviewes started to pop up, but I haven't read it so I must correct the mistake, eh? :)


What were your favorite books last month? Any new book boyfriends I should know about? (Or any old crushes returning to the pages you were reading?) ;) How many books did you read? What are you planning on reading this month?

18 comments:

  1. GIRL YOU NEED TO READ SHADOWS NOOOOW. It is the best! Well one of the best angel books, anyway :D I can't believe it's April already, my little sister does though since she's absolutely nuts about it being her birthday month lol

    Awesome recap, Siiri! <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shadows looks cool...I don't even think I've heard of it. o.O I had a really good reading month in March! LOTS of 5-stars....but they're probably balanced out by all the 2 stars. *sigh* I was pretty harsh this month too, I guess. ;) I'm still partly in love with Unhinged by A.G. Howard, only second to Half Bad by Sally Green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited that you're going to be reading Shadows soon! I can't wait for you to meet Rafa, but just so you know, he's mine (along with Ryke). Also, why do I see Ryke on your book bfs again. I thought we already had this conversation at least 2 times on Twitter before! :P *joking*
    I'm sorry to hear that you went through a book slump in March. Also, *high fives* for reading books without love triangles the whole month!
    I hope you have a lovely April too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, already April - I understand you, I feel the same way. :/

    I need to read Shadows too. I had too much free time last moth - I read tons of books, but for the next moth I'm planning to focus more on ARC I got trough Edelweiss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for no love triangles at least Siiri! I go in and out of slumps fairly frequently, but like you, I know if I take a break it will be that much harder to come back, so I usually just try and get ahead on the blog and then read fun books for a straight week. Or watch TV/movies and take a break from things that way without missing posts on the blog.

    I really want to read Shadows, Lauren just raves about that series and she and I are usually on the same page. Maybe we can read it together!!!!! I have a feeling Rafe might bring you out of your slump ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can totally read it together, Jenny :)

      Delete
  6. Re-reading my favorite books always helps me get out of reading slumps. And yay for no love triangles! Hope this month is better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And April is awesome because I have my birthday :D But yes, March just FLEW by. I can't believe how fast it's going.. It's scaring me. Finally a 5.0 read feels good huh? My favorite books from March were Lady Thief & Stolen songbird :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I hope April is a much better reading month for you Siiri, slumps suck so much! I was just getting our recap post set up and I love how similar our posts are! I only read 8 books last month and I mentioned Duval as my fictional crush of the month! :D Also I am so happy that you're going to give Shadows a go this month, it is such an amazing book! Also yay for Dreams of Gods and Monsters coming out this month! I can't wait!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Pivot Point! I love seeing what your ratings were and how many you read this past month. Good luck this coming month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, I literally can't believe it's already April. Omg it just feels like January was just yesterday. I'm sorry your reading slump has continued, they're the worst. It sucks because you want to read books so badly but you just can't. If you need some recommendations that may snap you out of it, let me know. I have plenty to give haha. Shadows looks intriguing! I hope you enjoy it c:

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you had a very successful March, especially considering your time at university. I'm glad you enjoyed a lot of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ARGH you had a 5.0 read! So jealous. It's been months since I've given a 5.0 rating! D: And about the book boyfriend--haha! I see how you feel. I loved Zeke in The Eternity Cure more than The Immortal Rules, so you better check him out there. ;) HOORAY for the lack of love triangles! ;) And I hope you get out of both your reading and blogging slumps. ;( We could totally chat about awesome reads on Twitter if you need help getting pumped up for reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read the Hothouse Flower, I've heard lovely things about it! Too bad about your reading slump, but I'm glad that you found a way to cope somehow. Glad you got to meet Zeke in The Immortal Rules, I think that series is amazing! Hope you read some amazing books this month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite books last month were definitely The Immortal Crown and Murder of Crows <3 <3 Two adult PR (or UF?) reads. I'm quite branching out of YA now and I'm finding a lot of awesome stuff :P And seriously, why pick only ONE book boyfriend? PICK THEM ALL!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHHAA

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to read Shadows too, Siiri. You saw it in my poll. I haven't checked yet, but I wonder if it's in the lead because I know everyone has loved it. Sorry you were in a reading slump. Hope you get past that. Great recap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not really a fan of Zeke, but I'm all for Ryke, Lo, and Connor :) And I read Shadows and thought it was pretty interesting. I hope you like it. Reading slumps suck! Over the past few months I've had quite a lot. Hope April is great for you Siiri!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete
  17. March was pretty slow for me as well, but I had a lot going on :( so hopefully april will be better.

    ReplyDelete