Saturday, September 8, 2012

Cover Love: August 2012

Here's a new monthly feature I'm hoping to participate in every month. I haven't been that consistant lately when it comes to participating in different memes, but this is a monthly event so it shouldn't be so hard, right? I hope my inconsistanty won't continue and I'll be able to pull myself together, although, I don't think that's happening, since it's so, so hard at Uni right now and I have no idea how I'm going to get through this semester. Okay, I'm starting to walk off the main road here. Let us continue with this beautiful feature.

Don't judge a book by its cover? Well, that's exactly what I'm going to do right now: give these pretties a thumbs up based on their covers. Fasten your seatbelts and jump on the train to give these books multiple look overs since one obviously isn't enough.

P.S. I'd be delighted if you could tell me your opinion on these covers and whether you agree or not. Also, what are your favorite covers from last month?

In August I read 12 books (actually I'm reading one right now, but I finished over a half of it in August and there isn't that much left so.. yeah. 12 books it is) and these are the books that made it to my list:

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

Published: November 13th 2008
Add It: Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository 

Why? Out of all Victoria Secret's models I've always thought Adriana Lima was the prettiest and somehow this girl on the cover reminds me of her. In addition, the back cover is purple and it's my favorite colour. I also like the intensity in this girl's eyes and it matches the pace, emotions and action in this book perfectly. It's my favorite one in this series when it comes to storytelling, plot etc and the cover is freaking gorgeous!



Divergent (UK version) by Veronica Roth

Published: May 3rd 2011
Add It: Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository 
 
Why? As I stated in my review, this version of the cover speaks volumes about the storyline and Tris in general. She is so brave, has a great combination of selfishness and seflessness in her, Tris is a great competitor and friend, but she doesn't exactly belong with the others. She thinks differently and on the cover she is sitting and watching, which is exactly what she does in the book: she observe takes notice of things and people around her. Also, Tri is discovering the world on through her own eyes instead of listening to others. And the three birds have their on special meaning. Moreover, the future Chicago on the backround is perfect. I ust love this cover, it's so beautiful and kind of poetic.



Lengths by Liz Reinhardt and Steph Campbell

Published: August 9th 2012
Add It: Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble 

Why? As a new adult contemporary book, it needs to have a kick-ass cover in order to stand out. It does. It absolutely does. The guy portraying Theo is gorgeous and surfing is definitely one of the key points in this book. The cover is pretty steamy and this book has all kinds of action in the romance field. This book definitely got my attention thanks to the cover at first.



While It Lasts by Abbi Glines

Published: July 21st 2012
Add It: Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble 
 

Why? Abbi's Sea Breeze series is trending as #beautfulcovers in my book. I mean.. Really! Look at these covers! They're beautiful and they, too tell you a story on their own instead of just being pretty. Once you're finished with a book you can instantly tell how different items on the cover are connected to the storyline. For instance, Cage is bringing the sexy back and there are many scenes where he is not wearing a shirt and Eva conjures up a cristal clear picture in your mind exactly like the cover and you can't help but be week in your knees and want to get a real look youself. The cover is actually pretty simple, but it's definitely inviting and sexy. Furthermore, it has kind of a sunny atmposphere, which describes the bright moments of this book perfectly.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Published: December 2nd 2010
Add It: Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository 

Why? I literally bought this book because of the cover and based on its looks. Yeah, I'd heard of it before and the praise has been overwhelming, but I wasn't sure I'd like to read it. Whenever I finish this book, you'll be able to read my thoughts on the storyline, but the cover, in my opinion, is pretty darn cute. The Eiffel Tower? A gorgeous girl? A guy? Great colours? A sweet and cute vibe its giving off? Heck yeah I wanted to read it. Plus the over all design was unique: the pages are cropped and everything is so.. Idk. I like it.


Cover Love is an original feature at I’m Loving Books (she also makes kick-ass banners and buttons). At the beginning of every month, I round up all of my favorite covers from books I’ve read the previous month and tell you what I love about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment