Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Footloose

I'm a sucker for dance movies and I'm a sucker for Kenny Wormald. I liked him back when he was on that MTV show (what was it called? Dance Life or something like that?) and I've been keeping my eye on him ever since.

Footloose is about a town full of sorrow and rules. Rules that are not meant to be broken since they weren't applied to youngsters when five teens were in a car carsh which ended with their deaths. Well, that's how most of the people feel.



Until they meet Ren McCormack (Kenny Wormald) - a young boy who's came to live with his uncle after the death of his mother. He enrolles the local highschool, makes new friends and falls in love. However, there's one thing he cannot do: stand by and watch the fun being sucked out of the young adults around him. He starts a small revolution of his own by wanting to legalize dancing.

That's a no-no for the local priest (Dennis Quaid) who's the father of Ren's crush Ariel (Julianne Hough). Ariel's brother Bobby was one of the five children who died in the car crash and she's been living a limited life under his father's rule ever since. However, maybe that's the reason why she's so reckless and exploring in the first place. 


There were two things I liked the most about this movie:

  1. Miles Teller
  2. the soundtrack
Miles Teller was amazingly awesome and he was the one to crack me up the most. The soundtrack consists of many great songs and introduced some new artists to me.

It isn't the best movie I've seen and there isn't that much dance in it (compare to some other dance movies, which reminds me that Step Up 4 is about to be released this week and I'm dying to see it already) and I'll probably not watch it againg (unless it's on TV), but it was still pretty entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment