Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


I found this amazing weekly meme “Top Ten Tuesday“ that I’d be delighted to participate in. If you think it’s something you would want to take part in, I advise you to jump on the train and come along!


Top Ten Books For People Who Like Richelle Mead

Half-Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

This book has a very similar society, as well as the plotline, as in the Vampire Academy series. Aiden is like Dimitri, Seth is like Adrian and Alex – well, let’s just say she’s Rose 2.0 (Rose Hatthaway is the original badass-sexy-little-warrior and no one can compete with her in her awesomness, but Alex is a very similar, somewhat an updated version of her and she’d give Rose a tough time on a battlefield). Covenant series is pretty much like VA only without vampires. At first I was a little dissapointed by the fact that these two series had so much in common, but now that the Covenant series has progressed, it’s becoming more and more original. I love it!

Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The fabulous JLA has another awesome series and its first novel is “Obsidian“. It was the very first book I read written by her and I absolutely fell in love with it! Daemon is a hot sarcastic-don’t-give-a-damn-about-you-if-you’re-not-my-sister kind of a guy/alien and he totally rocks my world. Katy is a strong girl and gives Daemon something to think about besides his great looks and protecting his sister. It’s a wonderful book and I can’t wait to get my hands on my own “Onyx“ (Lux #2) copy.

City of Bones (The Mortal Instsuments #1) by Cassandra Clare

If you haven’t read it, I really don’t know what you’re waiting for! Go on: grab it, read it, love it! Clary is as strong as Georgina and Rose, she’s artistic, funny, protective. Jace is witty, swoon-worthy and the best Shadowhunter the world has known since the beginning of times. Simon, Clary’s best friend, is one of the funniest characters I know and I’m totally in love with him. Cassandra Clare’s world consists of vampires, werewolves, fairies, warlocks, demons and, most importantly, Shadowhunters and there are so many great characters that you just cannot get enough of them.

Clockwork Angel  (TheInfernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare

Another fantastic series by Cassie Clare. If you loved TMI series by her, you’ll love TID as well (or vice versa). I know I did! Cassie Clare is one of the most amazing authors I have come across and her books are to die for! While TMI characters live in NYC and are fighting for their and our lives right now, TID characters are working against some pretty dark creatures in Victorian England. All Magnus Banes fans should definitely read it, he’s as wicked in this one as he is in TMI series.

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) by Charlaine Harris

If you’re looking for another vampire series, this is it! I’ve been a fan of “True Blood“ since it first aired on HBO and read “Dead Until Dark“ last summer. It’s a bit different from the TV-series, but it’s still absolutely brilliant!

The Iron King (The Iron Fey #1) by Julie Kagawa

This book doesn’t have vampires, but it has Meghan – a brave girl who discoveres the world of fairies; the lovely and famous Robin Goodfellow aka Puck – the master of sarcastic jokes and positive attitude; Ash – a cold, but sweet (well, the sweet part is actually hidden from public) and a gorgeous Winter prince; Grimalkin – the most wicked cat I’ve ever read about. It’s a wonderful adventure these four are setting their sights on and it’s a pure pleasure to follow them on that dangerous, but oh-so-fun trip.

Falling Under (Falling Under #1) by Gwen Hayes

This is a pretty dark, but an interesting book. It’s very original and captivating. It has its flaws, but the highs outweigh the lows, plus Haden is as hot as the guys in VA. In this two-book-series we follow the journey of Theia and Haden – a human and a demon – who fall in love and try to beat the odds in surviving the wrath of Hadens mother – a very powerful demoness. In addition, Theia’s in high school, which means that there’s plenty of teenage drama going on on a daily basis.

Hush Hush (Hush Hush #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick 

An angel story about Nora, a teenage girl, and Patch, a fallen angel, and their growing feelings towards each other while someone’s out there trying to kill her and for all she knows, it might as well be Patch himself that’s after her. It’s mysterious, thrilling and romantic! Patch is a great character and even though Nora’s not my favorite heroine, she’s still pretty cool. Vee, Nora’s bet friend, will probably make you laugh with her absurd comments, Nora will probably make you a little mad with her stubborn decisions and Patch will DEFINITELY make your heart beat faster.

Once Burned (Night Prince #1) by Jeaniene Frost

Haven’t read it yet, but it’s on my TBR pile. I’ve heard great things about this book and it’s been voted as the book of month on a group I’m in on goodreads. The description sounds captivating and dangerous, doesn’t it? Plus, the cover’s not so bad either ;) While you’re at it, you might as well check out Frost’s Half-Way to the Grave series.

Everneath (Everneath #1) by Brodi Ashton

Haven’t read this one yet either, but I’m planning on reading it this month. This book has a heroine Nikki (love this name) and two guys fighting for her: the love of her life and the reason she’s Returned from the Everneath – Jack – and Cole – the demon who fed on her during the Feed in the Everneath and who’s doing everything in his power to take her back with him as his queen. Sounds exciting, huh? I’m looking forward to reading this book, that’s for sure.

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekley meme hosted @ The Broke and the Bookish.

4 comments:

  1. You have so many good books on this list - I agree with so much of it! Especially Everneath and The Iron Fey series! I'd recommend those books to most people!

    my TTT this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Richelle Mead! From your suggestions, I've only read City of Bones, so it looks like I'll be adding to the list of books I want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I love Richelle Mead. I still need to read several that you listed.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Richelle Mead was the author I used for this week's topic, too!! You've got some great suggestions! I totally forgot about Obsidian!

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete