Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday


Peeta vs. Gale

In the books: Love? Peeta. Best friend in the whole wide world? Gale. I think Katniss loved both of these guys, but Peeta was like a ray of sunshine in the middle of nowhere and Katniss needed him since she'd lost so much already. I think Gale could have been a great alternative, but for Katniss there only ever was Peeta.
In the movie: I loooovee Josh Hutcherson and his personality is the  etalon of Peeta's. He makes a great Peeta, but somehow he couldn't show all his potential in the movie. Liam, on the other hand, did a great job as Gale since we didn't get to see much of him in the first book. Plus, you know the infamous cave scene, right? Well, let's just say that I didn't believe that so much.. I wish I did, tho.
However, based on a character, I'd still go with Peeta, because he makes Katniss happier. They're both such great guys, but there's that one section where Katniss explains her choice at the end of "Mockingjay" and that's why I'm team Peeta (for Katniss).
Who would I choose? That's a tough one, I really don't know, but I think I'd go with Gale. Just as I'd go with Adrian instead of Dimitri. They're the underdogs. But..You never know, right? If I were to meet my Peeta and my Gale in real life someday, I'll let you guys know!

Winner: Peeta Mellark

Weigh in Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Lauren at Epilogue Reviews.

7 comments:

  1. I like Peeta in the books too...haven't seen the movie yet, believe it or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly? I'm not a Josh Hutcherson fan at all, but I'm not as obsessed with Peeta, either so my choice should be clear. Also, I love Liam. Like...I'd marry him if I could :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ SC Langgle: really? you should watch it. it wasn't the best movie i've seen, but i still liked it. i thought J. Lawrence was a great pick for Katniss and even though i didn't believe Josh as Peeta as much as I would've liked, i still enjoyed his performance. loved Effie, Caesar, Haymitch,Cinna and all the other characters. i haven't re-read the books recently and it's been so long since i read them in the first place that i enjoyed the movie, because all the things i remembered were in it. howerer, it felt like they had to rush through everything. still, it was better than okay :) definitely watch it ;)

    @ BookSmartie: heh, he seems like a nice fellow :) i didn't like Josh that much before, but when it was announced that he was cast as Peeta, i watched some of his interviews on youtube and he totally has this Peeta attitude. he's fun and easy going. tho, i like Liam, too. it's a tough joice between them -.- i just took the easy way out and picked whoever was better for Katniss :D :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Gale in the book and the movie. @SC Langgle, you gotta see the movie, girl! :D

    I need to reread the end of Mockingjay and remember Katniss's reasons for choosing Peeta. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jennifer, you definitely should :) She said it perfectly. I wasn't that convinced with her choice until that part where she explained her decision :) it was one of the sweetest parts of this series. I felt really bad for Gale because he was one of my favorites, but I was glad for Katniss. And Peeta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read the final two books in the Hunger Games series! Only reading the first book, I would choose Gale, but my husband told me that will probably change with the next two books. I guess I will see...This seems like a fun meme. I might have to join up next week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I advise you to read them. I loved the first one the most and the third one was too long (in my opinion, at least), but it's a fantastic series and I'm pretty sure you will not regret jumping on this emotional rollercoaster called "The Hunger Games" :)

    ReplyDelete