Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Intouchables

Silance.

I really don't even know what to say at this point.

More silence.

All right, this isn't much of a review if I continue to say nothing at all so let's just say that I absolutely loved The Intouchables. It's brilliant! It's hilarious, sad, memorable, amazing, well-directed, makes you think about life and capabilities, choices we make, it has the best actors and if you're interested in cultural aspects in a movie, then I can assure you that there is something for you, too.

It's a story about an elder rich man Philippe who's paralyzed from his neck to his toes. He's looking for a new nurse to take care of him and that's when Driss walks through the door. A black young guy who just got out of jail (and has the best sense of humour in the world) want's to get his papers signed stating that he has been to a job interview so he can get financial assistance. Philippe wants to hire him, because Driss doesn't take pity on him and he's tired of the type of nurses he has had before - dull, careful, sophisticated and with a well rounded education. He wants someone full of life and energy, someone who's not walking on his toes and trying to not voice his opinion.

Driss comes from a very poor neighbourhood and takes the job. It's amazing how well these totally different men become friends and explore the world together. They help each other a lot. They complete each other. It's like they're two parts of a soul that didn't even know the other one existed. It's a wonderful journey and believe me when I say that I don't remember when was the last time I laughed so hard when watching a movie and, to be honest, I think the whole audience laughed - it wasn't your typical humour, but it was still extremely hilarious. I liked the opera scene the best.

I loved that this film continued to suprise me. I thought I knew how it was going to end, but I'm so glad that I was wrong. Oh boy, I was  wrong, but I still had tears in my eyes at the end of the movie. I loved every single thing about The Intouchables and I can say that I recommend this movie to everyone from the bottom of my heart. It was absolutely fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment