Thursday, April 4, 2013

Review: Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

Title: Finale (Hush, Hush #4)
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Published: October 23rd 2013
Add It: Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository

Will love conquer all?

Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin. But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.

As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for.


I’m aware that there are some people out there who think angel books are ridiculous and a complete joke and I know some people don’t like that this series is one of the most known of them. I, on the other hand, fell in love with these characters and this world in Hush Hush and even though I was disappointed with Crescendo, I didn’t give up. I really enjoyed Silence, and Finale – it was the best by Ms. Becca Fitzpatrick to date!

“As in, I wouldn't know normal if it marched up and poked me in the eye.” 


I wanted to drag this on longer than I did, because it’s the final book, final chance to spend time with Nora, Patch, Scott and Vee. I didn’t think I would enjoy it that much, I honestly didn’t. From the very first page, it kept me captivated by its pages filled with action, tension and chemistry. There were about two or three times Nora brought out a tinge of annoyance, other than that, she really became her own in this book. I was surprised by some reveals and I found myself not wanting it to end. I literally counted pages in fear after I realized I had only a quarter left to read.

As for the characters, like I said, Nora became her own – she becomes this warrior princess fighting for her race and survival, for her future with Patch, for herself. Patch – my sexy, sexy fallen angel. I adore, admire and love you without limits. He, too, has come a long way from the first time we met him – he is still arrogant and confident, but also sweet, considerate and passionate. Angel has never sounded so good coming from his mouth. Vee and Scott were great, Marcie was a bit unusual, but not so far out of her element. There were some new characters, but they all fit the story well. There was one thing I didn’t like though and that’s the part what follows after Nora talks to Vee in her room. That solution felt way too convenient.

I really do think it’s the best by Becca so far. I cried for the first time in this series. I smiled and laughed, I felt joy and terrible sadness. I hoped. I think it was the perfect finale for this beautiful saga and now I’m going to need to purchase the first three for myself in physical copies too so I can re-read them whenever I feel like it. It’s bittersweet for me, but I’m happy. I’m happy the way it ended and it couldn’t have been any better in my opinion. Now, if only I could find myself this happy when I finally finish Rapture by Lauren Kate… That's a story for another time, lovelies.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars


Meet the author

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

10 comments:

  1. Aw, you've made me sorry that I've given up on this series. I guess I got tired of Patch's hot-and-cold act, but I get it. I like angels books, too, so I may give this another try at some point. I'm happy Finale is what you'd hoped for. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. I thought about giving up after that disaster that was Crescendo, but I'm really glad I didn't. Finale was more than satisfying for me and I'm happy I bared through the scond book - it really paid off:) Thanks, Andrea!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this series et because the reviews are all over the place and it's kind of intimidating lol. Like the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. I'm curious though because those who do like it, love it. It's great that the ending was awesome I find too often I'm left disappointed at the end of a series. Great review, dollface!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you'll just have to see for yourself;) Fallen is somewhat a joke for me, but I'll try to finish the last book someday. I didn't understand the third one at all and the second one was all over the place for me already.. It's a so-so series, if you ask me. Thanks, Giselle :)

      Delete
  3. 4.5 ooooohhhh nice. I haven't read this series either so I just skimmed your review. I have to say that I really like the covers for them though, they are super pretty. I tend to end up having really good luck with angel books, though I always expect to hate them, so I will have to give these a try at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yupppp!! Oh, and these are some of the best covers I know. I really like them as well. Ha, well.. I hope you'll find this one great too then :)

      Delete
  4. I was really disappointed in Crescendo as well Siiri, but I loved Hush, Hush so I'm really glad to know Silence and Finale worked so well for you. That gives me hope that they'll work for me as well:) I like that Nora is really coming into her own and becoming a bit of a badass, that's a definite improvement over the girl who was playing games and trying to hurt Patch just as much as he was hurting her in Crescendo. Thanks for the awesome review!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know! She was somewhat a bitch to Patch with trying to hurt him. She.. Yeah.. I didn't fancy her in Crescendo. I loved her in Finale though:) She channeled her inner Rose Hathaway, lol. Thank you, Jenny!! :)

      Delete
  5. This series is a guilty pleasure of mine. I shouldn't like it, because Patch - in the first couple of books - is a complete ass. And yet I can't help but enjoy it. I have issues, clearly XD I'm glad you enjoyed this final book! I'm really looking forward to reading it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHHAHAHA!!! I know! That's exactly the same for me LOL!!! Haha, I can't stop laughing. I hope you'll love it as much as I did. It was a perfect end to this series and I can't wait to read something else by Becca ;)

      Delete