Saturday, May 18, 2013

Book Haul #19

I don't remember when was the last time I was THIS excited to share my haul with you lovelies. Guess what?! I got a Kindle! And not just any Kindle. A Kindle Paperwhite. Uh-uh ;) I am really, really, really glad I got this baby. I actually didn't have an e-reader before so it's good to finally have one. It's brilliant! I asked advice from Jenni, Giselle and Jenny and they were all very helpful. Thanks, ladies! I also got a leather case for it. I've had it for a week and a half now and eeeek! I have the biggest smile on my face right now. I am just very happy with it at the moment and I hope I won't have anything to be disappointed about. I've been reading on it a lot (never mind my promise not to because I have exams coming next week already) and since it's warm and sunny outside, I've been sitting on our terrace every day after classes at uni or work and just taking time to relax by studying there and, of course, reading. Yay! It's a really good reading device and I honestly don't know how I survived so long withouth one. I definitely know now what I've been missing this whole time. Anyhow, here's a picture of actualy proof that I really got one lol.


As for the books, I've already read all of the physical ones, but I have a habit of purchasing physical copies in addition of books that I've enjoyed as ebooks. Just so I can re-read them I guess. Also, The Iron Fey box set was about 50% off for a day recently and I couldn't not get it. Love Julie Kagawa! She's a great author and Ash, Meghan and Puck deserve to be re-read. Pushin the Limits was one of my favorite contemporaries last year so of course I wanted it as a physical copy as well.


The Iron King (The Iron Fey #1) by Julie Kagawa (my review here)
The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey #2) by Julie Kagawa (my review here)
The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa (my review here)
The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa (my review here)

Ebooks


Reboot (Reboot #1) by Amy Tintera

Thanks to Penguin and Netgalley for Gameboard of Gods arc and Jenni at Alluring Reads, Giselle at Xpresso Reads and Jenny at Supernatural Snark for advice on purchasing an e-reader. 


What did you get this week? Leave your links below and I'll check out your goodies :)

In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by The Mod Podge Bookshelf and Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

11 comments:

  1. Awesome Haul! I really want to get a Kindle, but a big one since my eyesight isn't very good. I've got the e-book of Dare you to, so I'm dying to read Pushing the Limits. I read a sample of Iron King and it looks great, i'd definitely want to continue it. Great Photography btw. Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your Kindle! :D I have Kindle Fire (the original) And I loved the Iron Fey series! And I'm currently reading Gameboard of the gods. Awesome haul!

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to read The Iron Fey books but can't wait to! I absolutely loved Pushing the Limits... hope you do too! I've been contemplating getting a Kindle or a Kobo.... Not sure yet, though! Great haul! Happy reading! My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to get the Iron Fey books. I loved them when I borrowed them from the library. And congrats on your Kindle! I recently got a new e-reader too, so I know the happy feeling :D

    Enjoy your new books!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love my Kindle Fire. It makes life a lot easier. Great haul of books too. E-Books are awesome.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore my Kindle. I was one of those people that was always so against e-reader. But I was wrong. I love it. I take it everywhere and getting e-galleys is one of my favorite things in this world. I've heard such good things about the Iron series, but have just never picked up the first book. I need to get on that. Happy reading!
    Natflix&Books' StS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reboot sounds super amazing! I really like the cover. ;) I hope you enjoy everything!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopianv

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, congrats on the kindle! It'll change your life. I'm looking so forward to Down London Rosd. Enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the Kindle! And looks like you got some great books to start it off with. Gameboard of the Gods and Reboot are both on my TBR list too :) Happy reading on your new goodie!
    Here are my newest additions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul and congrats on the kindle! I am so glad that I finally bought one. I love my nook, but I like my kindle more!! Great haul!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY for a Kindle. AWESOME. Love the Iron Fey series. I think I read them in a big chunk. And the Pushing the Limits books are great too. I really want to read Reboot and Down London Road as well.

    ReplyDelete