Top Ten All Time Favorite Characters
It was such a difficult choice, I had to leave out Isabelle Lightwood, Clary Fray, Magnus Bane, Will Herondale, Jace Lightwood, Draco Malfoy, Peeta Mellark, Katniss Everdeen, Effie Trinket, Adrian Ivashkov, Christian Ozera, Hermione Granger et cetera – some of my favorite characters. What did I do? I just wrote down all of their names and picked 10 names randomly. I thought about telling you why I love them, but if you’ve read the books they’re in, you already know the answer to this question, so.. I’ll just post some of my favorite quotes by them and hope that if you haven’t read the books they’re in, you’ll pick them up in a heartbeat. Feel free to answer the questions at the end of the post and to sound off in the comments :) xx
- "Viktor? Hasn't he asked you to call him Vicky yet?"
- "Accio Brain!"
- "Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid, fat rat yellow."
- “Don't talk to me."
"Because I want to fix that in my memory for ever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret...”
Cinna – The Hunger Games
- “Remember, girl on fire,” he says, “I'm still betting on you.”
- "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
- "There's a lot of ugly things in this world, son. I wish I could keep 'em all away from you. That's never possible."
- "I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do. "
Simon Lewis – The Mortal Instruments
- “Jesus!” Luke exclaimed.
”Actually, it's just me, said Simon. "lthough I've been told the resemblance is startling.”
- “That's why when major badasses greet each other in movies, they don't say anything, they just nod. The nod means, 'I' am a badass, and I recognize that you, too, are a badass,' but they don't say anything because they're Wolverine and Magneto and it would mess up their vibe to explain.”
- “No. That's Clary; shes's my best friend Simon pocketed his phone. “And she has a boyfriend. Like, really, really, really has a boyfriend. The nuclear bomb of boyfriends. Trust me on this one.”
- “Look on the bright side,” said Simon, “If they need a human sacrifice, you can always offer me. I'm not sure the rest of you qualify anyway.”
Travis Maddox – Beautiful Disaster
- “I know we're fucked up, alright? I'm impulsive, and hot tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then need me the next. I never get anything right, and I don't deserve you...but I fucking love you, Abby. I love you more than I loved anyone or anything ever. When you're around, I don't need booze, or money, or the fighting, or the one-night stands...”
- He shifted to look straight into my eyes. "I should say no to prove a point," he said, his eyebrows pulling together. "But I would hate myself later if I said no and you never asked me again.”
- “WELL I BELONG TO YOU!” The veins in his neck bulged as he shouted, and I met his glare, refusing to even flinch. He looked at my lips, panting. “I belong to you,” he whispered, his anger melting as he realized how close we were.
- “What the hell?” I asked. “Is this daring escape being sponsored by Honda?”
- “Checkmate, bitch.”
- “A gun. I had been brought down by a gun. It was practically comical. Cheaters, I thought.”
- “You said you were a victim. That's why...that's why ultimately, you and I aren't matched for each other. In spite of everything that's happened, I've never though of myself that way. Being a victim means you're powerless. That you won't take action. Always...always I've done something to fight for myself...for others. No matter what.”
Will Cooper – Slammed, Point of Retreat
- “If I were a carpenter, I would build you a window to my soul. But I would leave that window shut and locked, so that every time you tried to look through it all you would see is your own reflection. You would see that my soul is a reflection of you.”
- “Get out, Get out, get out, get out!" I do what any sane male would do in this situation; I run down the hall and lock myself in her bedroom.”
- “I realize I've never been so sure about the rest of my life than I am in thise moment. This girl is the rest of my life.”
- “I've always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect." His eyes searched mine intently, and for a moment we stood there toe to toe. "The ones who throw their beauty around, waste what they have? Their beauty is only passing. It's just a shell hiding nothing but shadows and emptiness.”
- “Remind me," he paused, drawing in a stuttered gasp, "to never piss you off again. Christ, are you secretly a ninja?”
- “You look like you got more of a bath than the car. I never thought washing a car would be so hard, but after watching you for the last fifteen minutes, I’m convinced it should be an Olympic sport.”
- Daemon arched a brow. “Are you feeling me up, Kat? I'm liking where this is heading.”
Professor Severus Snape – Harry Potter
- “Ah yes, Harry Potter. Our new - celebrity.”
- “Obviously fame isn't everything. Is it, Mr. Potter? ”
- “Turn to page 394.”
- “Here's some advice. Stay alive.”
- “I ate your lunch.”
- “Not like this. He wanted it to be real.”
- “It's okay. It'll be okay, sweetheart”
What did you think? Are some of these 10 characters in your top ten too? Why do you like them? What topic did you choose for this week’s TTT?